Despite the latest version of redsn0w (0.9.15b3) is not yet compatible with iOS 6.0.1, you can just select the file. Ipsw of iOS 6 on your iDevice in order to successfully perform the
IMPORTANT: The compatible devices are:
- iPhone 3GS Old Bottom: Untethered (guide to find out if your iPhone 3GS is New Bottom or Old).
- iPhone 3GS New Bottom: Tethered
- iPhone 4: Tethered
- iPod Touch 4G: Tethered
Here is the guide:1. Download redsn0w 0.9.15b3 from the links below:
Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for Mac - click here (if you are using OS X 10.8, the first time you hold down ctrl while clicking Redsn0w icon, then select Open)
Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for Windows - click here (to open in administrator mode)
2. Connect your iDevice to your computer and put it in DFU (holding down Home and Power for 10 seconds, then release power but keep holding home for 15 seconds).
3. Open redsn0w and make sure it recognizes the device (eg. IPhone 4 (DFU Mode)).
4. Click on Extras> Select IPSW and select firmware iOS 6.0 that corresponds to your device (click here to download it, if you have not). Redsn0w should correctly identify the build.
5. Return to the main page of redsn0w and click Jailbreak. After the first phase, check the "Install Cydia" is checked, then click on Next. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING during this step.
6. Once the Jailbreak, return to the schemata device lock. Put it back into DFU.
7. On the main page of redsn0w click on Extras> Just Boot. The device will reboot with the pineapple logo.
8. After the last reboot, wait a few minutes before unlocking the screen. The release, you will find Cydia waiting for you!