As you know, there are two types of jailbreak: the tethered (where you have to connect your device to a computer on every reboot) and Untethered (stable, solid and complete). Enter details:
Tethered Jailbreak:The tethered jailbreak for iOS 6 is available from the first beta version of Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4. This jailbreak is only for developers who wish to update their settings and widgets downloaded from Cydia for the new iOS 6. In addition, you can only do on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4G ... an update will come soon for iOS 6 final.
Untethered Jailbreak:The Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6 can be divided into 3 groups Apple devices, depending on the chip contained within:
1. A4 iDevice (iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G)
For these iDevices, jailbreak is simpler and will be available soon with Limera1n exploit Geohot found in 2010. So just wait a while for a new version of Redsn0w.
2. A5X iDevice A5 (iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPod Touch 5G)
For all devices and A5 A5X, the Dev-Team will start to work hard to find an exploit. This is not something that can be done within a few days of course
3. A6 devices (iPhone 5)
4. How to Jailbreak Apple TV 3
The Downgrade iOS 6:The Dev-Team has left a message on their blog explaining concretely what is feasible or not but remember one thing immediately on iDevices equipped with A5 chip or A5X: once installed iOS 6, it is possible to downgrade iOS 5 even with the SHSH saved.
- A4 iDevices and iPhone 3GS will always Downgradable (and jailbreak) with SHSH Blobs saved. The tethered jailbreak iOS 6 is the moment for these devices and will be updated when Cydia and other important work correctly.
- Owners of iPad2 have SHSH blobs both 4.x and 5.x will always be able to return to these versions. ATTENTION You will need both 4.x and 5.x blobs to downgrade 5.x, even if you do not want to go back to 5.x (you need your 4.x blobs to return iOS 4.x)
- iPad 3, iPhone 4S and iPad 2 which do not have the SHSH AND 4.x 5.x: you will still be able to RE-restore the system 5.x. So if you are not signing 5.1.1 and Apple iOS 5.1.1 more online (and you saved your SHSH blobs 5.1.1), you will still be able to perform RE-restoration 5.1.1. This allows for the untethered jailbreak on 5.1.1 (or 5.0.1 to 5.0.1, etc..) But once you've gone into restoring iOS 6.x, you will be stuck until the next jailbreak .