Your wait for the Untethered Jailbreak iPhone OS 5.1 and iPhone OS 5.1.1 is over!
We have prepared for you everything you need to know about the new 2.0 jailbreak tool Absinthe, along the guide and
Before starting we recommend to those who perform the jailbreak for the first time and are not very experienced, consult our guide "What is the jailbreak."
Meanwhile, here's the list of devices and operating systems compatible with iPhone OS 2.0 Absinthe:
- iPhone 3Gs (IOS 5.1.1)
- iPhone 4 (IOS 5.1.1)
- iPhone 4S (IOS 5.1.1)
- 3G iPod Touch (iPhone OS 5.1.1)
- 4G iPod Touch (iPhone OS 5.1.1)
- iPad (IOS 5.1.1)
- iPad 2 (IOS 5.1.1)
- new iPad (IOS 5.1.1)
|How to Untethered Jailbreak iPhone OS 5.1.1|
Guide to Jailbreak iPhone OS 5.1 and iPhone OS 5.1.1 Untethered
1. Absinthe Download 2.0 from links below:
Absinthe 2.0 for Mac: click here
Absinthe 2.0 for Windows: click here
Absinthe 2.0 for Linux: click here
After downloading, unzip the file. Zip into one folder to keep all application files in order.
IMPORTANT: The Windows users should follow these three steps to properly use additional 2.0 Absinthe!
a. Unzip the file. Zip Absinthe:
b. Go into the folder absinthe-win-2.0
c. Right-click on the absinthe-win-2.0.exe file and select Run as administrator. Doing so will create a new folder on your desktop called absinthe-win-2.0 contains all the necessary files.
2. Connect your device to your computer and run a backup with iTunes (this to protect your safety in case of unexpected errors with the jailbreak)!
3. Close all running programs (including iTunes) and start Absinthe 2.0. (Windows users run it in admin mode!)
4. After Absinthe will recognize your device, click on Jailbreak. Absinthe will do everything alone, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING MORE Jailbreak until the end of the procedure. The duration of the procedure may vary depending on the power of the computer and the device, however, should not last more than 30 minutes.
5. When displaying the words "Done, Enjoy!" Means that the jailbreak is complete! Cydia will be waiting on your Springboard!
6. Close Absinthe. Now you can disconnect your device.
Video To jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 device on Windows Using Absinthe 2.0
Now that your device is finally free, follow our guide on what to do after Jailbreak!
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Jailbreak, iOS 5.1.1, iPhone 4S and the web.
Tags : iPhone 5 Unlock Jailbreak iOS 5 iPhone to iTunes HTC iPad Apple Motorola Tablet Jailbreak iPhone 3G Apple TV 2G Siri Redsn0w Untethered jailbreak